2039 Sherman Avenue
Norwood, Ohio 45212
The Y is for everyone. Our programs, services and initiatives empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, prepare people for employment, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a nationwide service ethic. And that's just the beginning!
The Y’s many different programs let you try new things, develop skills, meet new people, and show what you are capable of! All of our programs will help you achieve and maintain health in spirit, mind, and body.
- Click here for the Fall 2014 program guide with times and offerings
- Click here for Fall 2014 Indoor Pool schedule
- Click here for Fall 2014 Gymnasium schedule
Children will be exposed to developmentally appropriate activities throughout their school day and will develop kindergarten readiness skills based on their level and individual abilities.
Open 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday
Full Time: $175; 4-5 days per week
Part Time: $140; 1-3 days per week
School Age Child Care
- Fun learning and activities
- Experienced and educated staff
- Safe and healthy environment
- State of Ohio Child Care licensed
- Vouchers accepted
Financial assistance is available through the State of Ohio, 21st Century Grant, and YMCA scholarships. For more information, please call us at (513) 731-0115.
Before School - 7 a.m. - 9 a.m.
Before School (Part Time)
After School - 3:15 p.m. - 6 p.m.
After School (Part Time)
Before and After School
Before and After School (PT)
We serve the folllowing schools: Sharpsburg, Norwood View, Williams, TCP, Cornerstone Christian Academy of Norwood, and Academy of World Languages
When Norwood City Schools are closed we will NOT be hosting any child care programs. When there are delays there will be no before school and pre school will start according to the delay.
School's Day Out
Children will participate in games, swimming, arts and crafts, field trips and more. For grades K-6 and runs 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. To participate in the field trip, children must be at the YMCA by 9 a.m. Registration begins three weeks prior to the particular School’s Day Out and is on a limited basis. You must register at least two days in advance of the date your child plans to attend. Space fills quickly!
Members/Y-Kids Participants: $20
The YMCA offers a wide range of swimming options for the whole family. Swimming builds self-confidence and develops the whole person - spirit, mind, and body. Classes are divided into ability and age groups. Trained instructors emphasize personal safety, swimming skills, endurance and social skills, while guiding students with praise and encouragement.
Shrimp, Kipper, Inia (SKI)- (Ages: 6 months to 2 years)
A parent/child partnership class that teaches water acclimation.
Perch (Ages:2-3 years old)
A parent/child water acclimation class to prepare for the Pike/Eel level.
Pike/Eel (Ages: 3-5 years old)
Beginner level swim lessons for the preschool aged child.
Ray/Starfish (Ages: 3-5 years old)
Intermediate level swim lessons for the preschool aged child.
Polliwog (Ages 6-12 years old)
Beginner level swim lessons for the school aged child.
Guppy/Minnow (Ages 6-12 years old)
Intermediate level swim lessons for the school aged child.
Fish/Flying Fish/Shark (Ages 6-12 years old)
Advanced level swim lessons for the school aged child.
Eight Week Session: January 6 - March 1 and March 3 - May 4
Preschool (30 minute lesson)
Members: $35 for eight lessons
Program Participants: $70 eight lessons
Youth and Adult (45 minute lesson)
Members: $40 for eight lessons
Program Participants: $80 for eight lessons
- Guppy/Minnow 5 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Pike/Eel 5:45 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
- Ray/Starfish 5:45 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
- Polliwog 6:15 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Pike/Eel 5 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ray/Starfish 5:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Guppy/Minnow 6 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
- Adults: 6:30 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Shrimp, Kipper, and Inia (SKI) 9:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Perch 10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Pike/Eel 10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Ray/Starfish: 10:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Polliwog 11 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Guppy/Minnow 11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Fish/Flying Fish/Shark 11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Private Swim Lessons
Private swim lesson packages are available upon request. To register, stop by the Member Service Desk.
LIFESAVING AND AQUATIC TRAINING COURSES
Ages: 16 and up
This course is designed to provide the participants with the knowledge and skills needed to be a lifeguard and professional rescuer. Participants will also be certified in CPR Pro for the Professional Rescuer, Basic First Aid for the Community and Emergency Oxygen Administration. This course is a nationally recognized certification, and will make participants eligible for employment at any of our Greater Cincinnati YMCAs, as well as many of our local aquatic facilities. For more information, please visit our Welcome Center.
Upon completion of this course, participants will receive CPR Pro, Basic First Aid, Emergency Oxygen, and Lifeguard certifications.
Y’s Way To Water Exercise
This low-intensity workout will help keep your joints moving and muscles strong. Improve your ability to do daily activities and gain more energy. Meet new people and make friends. Ideal for arthritis patients.
- Monday,Wednesday, and Friday 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Deep Water Workout
Non-swimmers and swimmers can enjoy and will benefit from deepwater exercise. A water belt will support you in deep water with your head comfortably above the surface at all times.
Monday and Wednesday 7 p.m. - 7:50 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Shallow Water Workout
- Tuesday and Thursday 7 p.m. - 7:50 p.m.
Traditional five on five basketball. This is an instructional league that promotes values, sportsmanship, teamwork, and basic skill development. Rules are modified for each age level and everyone gets equal playing time.
Tae Kwon Do
Classes continually run through out the year. Register on a monthly basis.
Tuesday 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m. - Noon
Tuesday 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday Noon - 1 p.m.
Member: $35 per month
Program Participant: $45 per month
Pump iron in a classroom setting to firm and shape the upper body (arms, chest, and back) and lower body (hips, thighs, and abs). Participants work with weights to improve muscle tone, flexibility and posture. For beginner to advanced fitness level.
- Monday and Wednesday 6 p.m. - 6:55 p.m.
Stretch, tone, strengthen, breathe, relieve stress, and energize with this beginner’s yoga class.
- Thursday 7 p.m. - 7:55 p.m.
Zumba uses interval training and a combo of fast and slow rhythms to help burn calories while toning & sculpting. Zumba includes merengue, salsa, mambo, cumbia, rumba, flamenco, raggeaton, and calypso. Fun and easy, but a serious workout!
- Thursday 6 p.m. - 6:55 p.m.
Group cycling is a moderate to high intensity, non-impact cardiovascular workout for all fitness levels. Your training will require strength, determination and fortitude. You select the intensity of your ride according to your fitness level but don’t be scared to keep up with the instructor.
- Monday 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Saturday 8:15 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
Senior workout. A combination of seated and standing exercises will be used. Intensity will vary with your ability
- Monday and Wednesday 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Wednesday 7 p.m. - 7:55 p.m.
This mat-based class will help to improve core strength and body alignment. Join anytime.
Come treat yourself today! 30 minute and 60 minute sessions available.
Please schedule with Joan Schummer
All land and water exercise classes are included in your membership.
Fitness Center with Cardio, Strength Training and Free Weight Equipment
Four-lane Indoor Pool (20 yards)
Four-lane Outdoor Pool (25 yards) with mushroom spray features
One Racquetball Court
Sauna - 18 and older
Locker Rooms (Women and Men)
Licensed Full Day Preschool
Two Licensed S.A.C.C. Sites
FREE Fitness Classes
FREE Child watch
FREE Land Fitness and Water Fitness Classes
Multi Purpose Room
Join The Y
With the Y, you're not just a member of a gym - you're part of a cause. With a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership gives you and your community the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
We are a cause with a mission to helping you achieve a balance of spirit, mind, and body. We do that by encouraging good health and fostering connections with new and old friends through sports, fun, and shared interests.
Joining is easy:
YMCA membership is an amazing value:
- No annual contracts to sign
- Member Satisfaction Pledge with a money back guarantee
- Free group exercise classes
- Free child care while you make use of the Y (Must have family membership to qualify)
- Reduced rates and priority registration on programs and classes, including day camps, sports, swim lessons, before and after school, child care, specialty training classes, and a savings of $90 for a week of camp at YMCA Camp Ernst
- Online registration for most programs
- Access to indoor and outdoor swimming pools, water parks, and splash pads where you can participate in a variety of water programs such as swim lessons, water group exercise classes, or simply just some fun in the sun
- AWAY program to use your membership at other Ys across the country and around the world
- Guest pass program for your friends and family to experience the Y
- Member Referral Program
- Y Rewards
- Throughout its history, the Y has been a strong leader in international cooperation. To that end, the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati has established a formal partnership with the YMCA of Mexico City. Should you find yourself planning a trip to Mexico, bring along your YMCA membership card for a complimentary visit to the outstanding facilities of the Mexico City YMCA! Likewise, current members of the Mexico City YMCA are welcome at any of our YMCA of Greater Cincinnati branches.
The YMCA has several membership types for you to choose.
Teen - Ages 13-17
Young Adult - Ages 18-29
Individual Adult – Ages 30-64
Two Adult Household – Two adults, ages 18-64, living in the same household
One Adult Family – Includes single, or legally separated person, and any dependent children under age 24 living at the same address
Family/Household – Two adults and any dependent children under age 24 living at the same address. Additional adults, ages 19 and over living at the same address may be added to your membership for an additional $20 per month per adult
Senior Individual Adult – Age 65 or older
Senior Family/Household – Same as Family/Household where either adult is age 65 or over
Military - Veterans, active duty military personnel, and their immediate families are eligible for a special rate. See our Military Membership page [link to page] for more information.
$50 in program gift certificates is given at the time of joining and can be used on programs.
Everyone is Welcome
Our utmost goal is to make the Y and all we offer accessible and available to the entire Greater Cincinnati community! Each year, we raise money among staff, community partners, members, and volunteers so that we can provide services to those who could not otherwise afford it.
No one is ever turned away. From membership to youth sports, summer camp to swim lessons, and so much more, the Y is here to support you in your mental, physical, and spiritual growth. You can rest assured that the Y will guide you in having a healthy and happy life.
If you are in need of financial assistance to participate in the Y’s programs and services, please visit your local branch and fill out an application.
- Cash, check, or credit card. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted
- Monthly draft on the first or 16th
- Draft from your checking account or credit card
- Annual payment in full
- Change your payment method at any time by calling or stopping in at your local Y
Stop by or call your local Y to set up an appointment with one of our membership staff to help you get started today!
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
Join our branch board and committees
Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals through the Y tutoring and mentoring programs
Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
We invite you to take an active role in strengthening your community by sharing your time, talents and energies with us as a Y volunteer.
To become a Y volunteer, click here.