Join the Y
With the Y, you're not just a member of a gym - you're part of a cause. With a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership gives you and your community the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
We are a cause with a mission to helping you achieve a balance of spirit, mind, and body. We do that by encouraging good health and fostering connections with new and old friends through sports, fun, and shared interests.
Joining is easy:
YMCA membership is an amazing value:
- No annual contracts to sign
- Member Satisfaction Pledge with a money back guarantee
- Free group exercise classes
- Free child care while you make use of the Y (Must have family membership to qualify)
- Reduced rates and priority registration on programs and classes, including day camps, sports, swim lessons, before and after school, child care, specialty training classes, and a savings of $90 for a week of camp at YMCA Camp Ernst
- Online registration for most programs
- Access to indoor and outdoor swimming pools, water parks, and splash pads where you can participate in a variety of water programs such as swim lessons, water group exercise classes, or simply just some fun in the sun
- AWAY program to use your membership at other Ys across the country and around the world
- Guest pass program for your friends and family to experience the Y
- Member Referral Program
- Y Rewards
- Throughout its history, the Y has been a strong leader in international cooperation. To that end, the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati has established a formal partnership with the YMCA of Mexico City. Should you find yourself planning a trip to Mexico, bring along your YMCA membership card for a complimentary visit to the outstanding facilities of the Mexico City YMCA! Likewise, current members of the Mexico City YMCA are welcome at any of our YMCA of Greater Cincinnati branches.
The YMCA has several membership types for you to choose.
Teen - Ages 13-17
Young Adult - Ages 18-29
Individual Adult – Ages 30-64
Two Adult Household – Two adults, ages 18-64, living in the same household
One Adult Family – Includes single, or legally separated person, and any dependent children under age 24 living at the same address
Family/Household – Two adults and any dependent children under age 24 living at the same address. Additional adults, ages 19 and over living at the same address may be added to your membership for an additional $20 per month per adult
Senior Individual Adult – Age 65 or older
Senior Family/Household – Same as Family/Household where either adult is age 65 or over
Military - Veterans, active duty military personnel, and their immediate families are eligible for a special rate. See our Military Membership page [link to page] for more information.
$50 in program gift certificates is given at the time of joining and can be used on programs.
Everyone is Welcome
Our utmost goal is to make the Y and all we offer accessible and available to the entire Greater Cincinnati community! Each year, we raise money among staff, community partners, members, and volunteers so that we can provide services to those who could not otherwise afford it.
No one is ever turned away. From membership to youth sports, summer camp to swim lessons, and so much more, the Y is here to support you in your mental, physical, and spiritual growth. You can rest assured that the Y will guide you in having a healthy and happy life.
If you are in need of financial assistance to participate in the Y’s programs and services, please visit your local branch and fill out an application.
- Cash, check, or credit card. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted
- Monthly draft on the first or 16th
- Draft from your checking account or credit card
- Annual payment in full
- Change your payment method at any time by calling or stopping in at your local Y